Tips on How to help ensure the elderly people will live safely without fear or neglect.
· Learn the signs of elder abuse
· Show love and care for older relatives
· Speak politely to avoid psychological or emotional abuse
· Engage the elderly in social activities
· Individuals should learn how to get help and report all forms of abuse
· Always call and visit elders more often to know how they are doing
· Provide respite break for the caregiver or the family member in charge of care; it helps a lot
· Financial institutions should train their employees on how to detect early financial abuse
· Encourage primary care providers to ask senior patients about family violence they may have encountered
· Contact local Adult Protective Services or Long-Term Care Ombudsman to learn how to support their work.