24-Hour Home Care
Adult Alternative Home Care has been serving the local community since 2009. We are locally owned and managed. Founded by a nurse clinician with over ten years clinical experience working with the adult and aged population. Delivering dignified and prioritized care to those we serve. We are dedicated to employing passionate care providers who aim to deliver excellent personal and home health needs to the members we serve.
We are committed to helping those we serve get the best care that will allow them to remain safely in their homes. We believe care given in the right place at the right time preserves dignity for the elderly. We believe the adult and aged person are an integral part of the community and they will continue to be if their personal and home care needs are met in their residence.
With 24-hour home care, you can let go of the worry and enjoy a full night’s sleep knowing your loved one is being cared for by compassionate professionals. With personalized attention to individual needs around-the-clock, those living with dementia or who are homebound due to physical limitations will feel at ease in their own surroundings.
What is 24-Hour Home Care?
24-Hour Home Care means that a caregiver or several caregivers are rotating shifts to care for your loved one in their home. Someone is always awake. Caregivers work an 8-hour or 12-hour shift. These services are paid for by the hour.
Live-In Home Care vs Hourly Home Care
When it comes to choosing in-home care for an elderly person, there are many options. Live-in and 24-hour caregivers may seem like the same terminology, but they vary in how much time is spent with the senior, depending on their care needs. Understanding these differences will help determine what type of live-in or hourly home care would be best suited for each individual’s circumstance.
24-Hour Home Care (Hourly Home Care)
- To ensure the client is always taken care of, two or more caregivers take turns on shifts to be awake and available day and night.
- A trusted and alert caregiver is always awake to care for your loved one. By rotating caregivers, they are able to stay alert and ready when new situations arise with a senior who wanders at night, needs toileting assistance at night, or may become confused and just need some company and reassurance.
Live-In Home Care
- Live-in caregivers work around the clock to take care of their clients. The 8-hour break and sleeping bed is provided for them so they can rest when not working.
- With two scheduled caregivers, your senior loved one will find a deeper sense of comfort. The heightened familiarity with the elderly’s favorite routines and moods helps to better manage dementia diagnoses as well.
- Live-In Home Care may not be the best choice for the senior who needs assistance at night with toileting, wandering, or confusion. The caregiver must be able to sleep, take breaks, and rest.
Providing exceptional 24-Hour Home Care for seniors and families in Elizabeth, Hillside, Cranford, Clark, Union, Livingston, West Orange, Short Hills, Millburn, & Chatham, New Jersey
How to Hire Hourly Home Care
Finding hourly home care can be time-consuming since you need to find someone trustworthy and reliable with the right skill set. You also want someone that your loved one is comfortable with.
Start by assessing the type of care you need. For hourly home care, there are home health aides that can provide basic medical care and personal care aides to help with personal needs and household chores. Health aids can be the right choice if your loved one has a disability or illness and needs some medical attention.
There are different places to look for hourly home care. You can use a local service with the many staffing agencies that specialize in home care or search online for elder care matching services. If you go through an agency, they will handle the background screening, hiring, and the legal and tax paperwork for you so it’s much easier.
24-Hour Home Care for Seniors
Our 24-Hour Care services enable us to respond quickly to any emergency or problem that requires immediate attention. At Adult Alternative Home Care Services, we offer around the clock non-medical home care services to ensure that our clients get the attention they deserve.
Adult Alternative Home Care makes it easy to get started with home care.
When you contact our office, we will schedule a free consultation with you and your loved one.
Based on this free consultation, we will develop a custom senior companion plan.
This plan will be modified according to your loved one’s unique care needs and preferences.
Once we’ve developed your loved one’s plan, we will match them with a companion caregiver.
Does Medicare Pay for 24-Hour Home Care?
If your family member needs only assistance with homemaker or personal services, or companion care, Medicare will not cover the cost.
Medicare doesn’t pay for:
- 24-hour-a-day care at home
- Meals delivered to your home
- Homemaker services (like shopping, cleaning, and laundry), when this is the only care you need
- Custodial or personal care (like bathing, dressing, or using the bathroom), when this is the only care you need
How Much Does 24-Hour Home Care Cost?
According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Study, the average national median cost for companion care (classified as homemaker services) was $54,912 ANNUALLY for a home health aide and $53,768 for a homemaker. The hourly rate for a home health aide ranged from $17.00 in Louisiana to $33.00 in Minnesota. The median cost for an hourly caregiver is $24.00 per hour.
Genworth calculates average median rates based on 44 hours per week. If your loved one only requires the help of a companion for a few hours per day or week, your costs may be significantly lower than these estimates.
For a clearer picture of your potential costs, determine your loved one’s needs and contact Senior Services Unlimited to inquire about companion care providers and average costs in your area.